COUNSELING THE ADDICTED FAMILY: Implications for Practioners
by Stephanie Lusk, Ph.D.
soft cover, lay flat binding, $63 plus S&H
To Order: contact Jason Andrew at 573.317.0907
16 Chapters plus preface and epilogue
Preface - Lynch
Section I: Family Development and Dynamics
- The Family Process: Individual and Family Development - Lusk
- The development of Dysfunctional Families - Lusk
Section II: Models of Family Therapy
- The Rational for Family Therapy in Addictions - Lusk & Okoronkwo
- Psychodynamic Theories - Lusk
- Behavioral and Cognitive-Behavioral Theories - Dowden & Carter
- Solution-Focused Therapy - Booth & Jackson
- Family Systems Theories
Section III: Special Topics
- The Process of Assessment - Blalock, Bynum, Rogers, & Waldrum
- Co-Occurring Disorders - Lusk
- Counseling Culturally Diverse Families - Lusk & Smith-Light
- Women and Addiction - Webb, Fults-McMurtery, & Young
- Understanding Responsible Fatherhood in the Context of Modern Day Family Formations - Lynch & Rice
- Trauma, Domestic Violence and Abuse - Graves & Murray
- Nontraditional Addictions - Sims
- Callenges of Employment for Individuals with Substance Ues and Mental Health Disorders - Noon
- Ethics, Legal, and Professional Issues - Mitchell
Epilogue - Mehnert & Lynch
Aspen Professional Services
- Look for our display table at the Fall and Spring NCRE conferences. We will have all of our books available for you to browse and, as always, the books will be given away at the final conference lunch.
- An exciting project is in process from Drs. Dothel and Yolanda Edwards. Look for A Case Study Approach to Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling in the near future. We believe this book will add an underutilized dimension to rehabilitation counselor education programs.
- The Disability Handbook, which was previously distributed by the University of Arkansas, is now exclusively distributed by Aspen Professional Services. If you are one of the many users of this book in your classroom, please advise your bookstore of this change.
- Dr. Stephanie Lusk's new book titled Counseling the Addicted Family: Implications for Practitioners is now available for use. This book addresses three topics, family development and dynamics, models of family therapy, and special topics.
- Drs. Flowers, Soldner & Robertson are in the process of preparing a new textbook titled Clinical Supervision and Administrative Practices in Allied Health Professions.
- Click on Textbooks on the left part of this page and then click on Coming Soon to see other books that are currently in press.