Over 50 disabilities covered in an easy to use resource on the primary disabilities encountered by professionals in vocational rehabilitation, plus
seven resource chapters.
The Disability Handbook
Jason Andrew, Ph.D.
M. Jean Andrew, J.D.
softcover • spiral binding • $54 plus S&H
To order paper copies: contact Jason Andrew at 573.317.0907 or
To order ebooks: click on link
AN EXCELLENT RESOURCE
- For universities or colleges in teaching medical aspects of disability.
- For students preparing to take the Certified Rehabilitation Counselor examination.
- As a desk reference for practicing counselors and case managers.
- 272 pages of valuable information on specific disabilities and their impact on employability.
DISABILITIES and OTHER TOPICS COVERED
- Affective Disorders (Depression/Bipolar)
- Aging and Disability
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism (adult)
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Carpal-Tunnel Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chronic Illness
- Co-Occuring Disorders & Co-Existing Disabilities
- Deafness and Hearing Impairment
- Delusional (Paranoid) Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Eating Disorders
- Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic
- H.I.V. (Aids)
- Learning Disability
- Low Back Pain (Chronic)
- Mental Retardation
- Motor Neuron Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- (Pain) Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Polio Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorders
- Prosthethetics, The ABC's
- Renal Kidney Disease
- Respiratory Disorders
- Schizophrenic Disorders
- Seizure Disorder (Epilepsy)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Sleep Disorders
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Substance Related and Addictive Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Eligibility Determination
- Initial Interview Dictation Guide
- Glossary of Common Medical Terms
- Common Drugs In General Use
- Overview of Psychotropic Medications
- Herbal Medicines
- Commonly Used Abbreviations and Prefixes